ABOUT THE FIRM
Reilly Like & Tenety and its predecessor firms have dutifully served the Long Island community for more than 50 years. With beginnings in Babylon and expansion to White Plains, RLT Law continues to offer exemplary legal counsel to a wide array of clients from two New York locations. While engaged in many levels of General Practice, RLT Law concentrates in the areas of Tax Certiorari & Tax Reduction, Elder Law & Special Needs Practice, Real Estate & Land Use and Zoning, and Environmental Law. Though some of the faces at Reilly Like & Tenety have changed through the years, the work ethic and dedication to client satisfaction characteristic of the firm’s founding have not. If you are in need of quality legal guidance, with results backed by a half-century of proven success, the attorneys and staff at Reilly Like & Tenety are your team.
Reilly Like & Tenety guarantees the highest quality legal and customer service to its clients. We vigorously serve client interests while making sure to stay well within the boundaries of both the law and ethics.
Reilly Like & Tenety has in the course of its practice represented a variety of corporate and individual clients. Some notable clients include: JPMorgan Chase Bank; Astoria Federal Savings and Loan Association; HSBC; Bank of America; Citibank; Wells Fargo; Waterfield Financial; Washington Mutual; Southside Hospital; Allstate Insurance Company; The Robert Plan; Encompass Insurance; New York State Insurance Fund; New York State Liquidation Bureau; Kravco Company; Prudential Insurance Company; Mall Properties, Inc.; R.H. Macy & Co.; Great South Bay Associates; Barbash Associates; Orient Associates, Inc.; Nassau Suffolk Lumber and Supply Corp.; Pace Advertising Agency; County of Suffolk; Village of Islandia; J.F. O’Healy Construction Corp.; Corner Realty 307 Inc.; Fire Island Associations of Suffolk County and the Town of Babylon; Village of Saltaire; New York Coastal Partnership; and other corporate, non-profit property owner associations and individual interests.
QUICK FACTS & MILESTONES
- Founding Partner Irving Like was named by Newsday as one of the 100 Most Influential Long Islanders of the 20th Century.
- Name Partner Vincent Tenety served as Babylon Village Judge from 1991-2000.
- Vincent Tenety was a board member and Vice Chairman of the Great South Bay YMCA from 1991-2011.
- Vincent Tenety served as the Major Gifts Chairman of St. Joseph’s Parish capital campaign, which has helped raise more than $1.6 million.
- Vincent Tenety is a member of the St. Joseph’s Vision Council.
- Founding Partner Joe Reilly was the first attorney from Suffolk County to be named President of the New York State Bar Association.
- Reilly Like & Tenety has represented more than 2,500 commercial property owners in Suffolk County and more than 200 in Westchester
- Reilly Like & Tenety has returned nearly $30 million in excess property taxes to commercial property owners.
- Irving Like recently taught as an adjunct professor at SUNY Stony Brook University in the Marine and Political Science Departments.
- Reilly Like & Tenety represents nearly 100 victims of a manufactured gas plant spill under the Hamlet of Bay Shore.
- Irving Like served as counsel to the Suffolk County and was instrumental in the famous decommissioning of the Shoreham Nuclear Power Plant. He was Chair of the Law Committees for the Agent Orange Law Suit and Official Counsel to the Counties of Suffolk and Nassau in
the Mid-Atlantic offshore oil drilling cases. He also served as Counsel to the Fire Island National Seashore Citizens Committee.